Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stealing an Education

A $15,000 Norwalk Public School education was stolen by a Bridgeport mother. She has been found guilty and is now told by the courts to pay back to Norwalk $6,200. The case also involved drugs, but let's focus on the stolen education. Do you think the judgement was fair? Do you think other mothers will take note and remove children from our schools if they are there illegally? How did you react to the whole incident, including Reverend Sharpton, if you so choose.

2 comments:

  1. Trash, pure trash. She should have to pay it all back! ALL of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's difficult to blame her if she was just trying to do what's best for her kid (though, it appeared that maybe she wasn't doing what was best for her child in other ways -- but what do I know, and that's beside the point anyways).

    Regarding whether or not she should have to pay for it ... I think maybe having her do some community service might be best.

    Put yourself in the kids's shoes. Bridgeport is a rough town. I know that if I had to go to school there, I'd sure be grateful if my parent(s) snuck me into a nicer nearby school. Even if only for a year. :(

    ReplyDelete