Monday, November 25, 2013

Two Posts at a Time: Can we keep them both going?

I am posting this post right on top of the last post on purpose. The last post talks about the Common Core, which I hope will stimulate some interesting comments. This post is directed mostly at the parents, so here goes........

There has been a lot of teacher and staff bashing in the last year. It doesn't seem fair, since teachers are trying so hard to care for our children. Test scores have steadily moved upwards and our schools have been kept safe. Are there teachers who are "less than." Sure there are. There are always employees in every workplace who are not up to par. It is up to the employer to support them and demand more, or to move them out.

The teachers are supporting our new superintendent. Isn't it time for us to support all staff? What are you going to do to say"thank you" and show that teachers are respected? Be specific so that others can get ideas. Whatever you do doesn't have to cost money. It's the idea. Let's see if we can get teachers all over Norwalk noticing that parents are supporting them. What will you do?

7 comments:

  1. Its very simple, RESPECT US!
    I understand that some teachers are not great or perfect, nobody is, however the constant bashing we recieve is not fair. If the Applies want to bash go head, if the Dems want to bash go head, and if the Republican want to bash go head, but I know in my hear and more importantly my grade book students are learning and doing great things in my room.

    As a teacher all I want from parents is respect and communication and "buy in " for the work I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all due respect, if you are a teacher, for heaven's sake please reread your post! So many misspelled words and grammar! How did you get that degree? WOW

      Delete
    2. Wow! Nice to see 1:11pm has the holiday spirit. NOT!

      Delete
    3. Figures! More teacher bashing. Why do we even bother?

      Delete
    4. Seriously, who is bashing teachers???

      Delete
    5. The person who posted above, assuming the teacher didn't know how to spell. I don't know about you, but I've been caught many a time with auto-correct on my iPad. Strange words, strange combinations of words appear on my computer. iPhones are even worse! It is so easy to look like a fool when we use anything with auto-correct and we don't have the time to re-read. Give people a break!

      Other than that, the Apples appear to be the culprits.

      Delete
  2. My understanding is that students are expected to know common standards in Language Arts and Math in order to compete in a global economy. These are the same from coast to coast, north to south. High school graduates were lacking in what colleges and job opportunities required. I think that's what it all means and it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete